Sunday 29 July 2007

I'm proud to be a Singaporean ...

Singapore's national day (9th Aug 2007) is just round the corner... And this year, it is indeed a very special one as we move to a whole new location @ Marina Bay! ( http://www.ndp.org.sg/ )

So I thought: " Why not just post something more personal for the very FIRST time today?" (Since "Little Red Shop" is also all about reaching out to people through Tau Sar Piah and our heart-warming story of a home-grown company with humble beginnings.)

I always wished I'm one of those lucky ones who somehow get tickets to view the national day parade "live", especially so for this year as it will be held 'on the water'. I think it will be such a magnificant sight that evening!

My closest memories of watching national day parade "live" was when I was about 5 or 6 years old. My father used to be a music technician before he decided to exchange his screw drivers and spanners for an oven and mixer. During those days, somehow I got to tag along with my father to the then National Staduim for his work purposes. So this is the closest that I've come to watching a "live" national day parade. But again, I still wished that someday I will get to watch the actual day parade "live" .... but for now, I will just "glue" myself to the TV on 9th Aug 2007 :)

I'm proud to be a Singaporean! :)

No comments: